In 2015 NLMK Group sold about 16 million tons of steel
NLMK Group sales in 2015 increased by 5% to a record 15.9 million tons. Production stabilized at 15.9 million tons. Capacity utilization rates at NLMK Group production facilities exceeded 90%.
12M 2015 highlights:
· 2015 crude steel output remained stable yoy at 15.9 million tons.
· In 2015, as a result of operational efficiency programmes, steel output at the Lipetsk site increased by 3% yoy to a record 12.87 million tons.
· Stoilensky, an open pit iron ore mine, produced a record volume of concentrate: 15.2 million tons, +2% yoy.
· NLMK Group capacities were running at 93% (-3 p.p. yoy), including 100% at the Lipetsk site.
· Group sales increased by 5% yoy to 15.9 million tons, driven by growth of exports from Russian operations to end consumers (+27% yoy).
Q4 2015 highlights:
· NLMK Group steel output was down to 3.85 million tons (-6% qoq) due to weaker demand in the Russian construction sector and the US market; as well as repairs at the Lipetsk site.
· NLMK Group steelmaking capacities were running at 92% (-1 p.p. qoq), including 100% at the Lipetsk site.
· Group sales were 3.8 million tons (-9% qoq) on the back of a seasonal drop in demand in Russia and lower pig iron exports.
· The share of export sales increased to 62% (+5 p.p. qoq), supported by stable demand in international markets.
View count: 147